Stones featured in the Bahgsu Jewels collection are millions of years old. They are shaped inside the earth when liquid cools and hardens. Minerals within the growth area give them color and create the shape.
Amazing to ponder how most crystals were created millions of years before humans were even on the evolutionary map. This truth helps me to maintain perspective and fully appreciate every exquisite second.
muladhara | Root Chakra
PYRITE :: Strength
• Balances hormonal rhythms and eases the discomfort of menstruation. Pyrite found its name from the Greek word PYR, which means ‘fire’. If you are indecisive, or unsure about something, carry a pyrite with you as a touchstone to help boost your self confidence. Pyrite forms when hydrogen sulfide combines with iron. These common elements often fuse and are carried by heated fluids to cracks in native rocks where pyrite is deposited. Mined in Mexico.
BLACK TOURMALINE :: Purify
• Strengthens the immune system and helps with seasonal allergies. Protects against psychic attack and negative entities. In addition this stone will purify the area where it is located. Place a piece in the four corners in your home to create a force field of love. Tourmaline is distinguished by its three-sided prisms, no other common mineral has three sides. Mined in Brazil.
OBSIDIAN :: Cleansing
• Believed to ground energies, giving a secure platform from which to develop spiritually. Reminds us that birth and death are simultaneously and constantly present, equal with the other, always as one. Obsidian is a natural volcanic glass. Mined in Mexico.
ONYX :: Grounding
• The name comes from the Greek word onux, meaning fingernail. The story is that one day frisky cupid cut the divine fingernails of Venus with an arrowhead while she was sleeping. He left the clippings scattered on the sand and the fates turned them into stone so that no part of the heavenly body would ever perish. Onyx is a wonderful stone for those who are flighty by nature, as it will help ground and focus your attention. A strengthening stone that can help you approach a lesson or task with greater self-confidence. Onyx is a natural stone formed of dissolved limestone that redeposits. Mined in Brazil.
SWADHISTANA | SACRAL CHAKRA
Citrine :: Abundace
• Citrine is one of the only stones that dissipates negative energy and never requires cleansing or clearing. It emits a warm energy that promotes optimism and enhances the body's healing energy by opening the conscious mind to intuition. Citrine is caused by iron deposits in its macro crystalline structure. It should be noted that Citrine is the same as Amethyst in composition; only the state of oxidation is different. The amount of oxidation in a crystal can change with radiation usually by sunlight and heat. Amethyst can be changed to Citrine just by radiating it with heat. Mined in Uruguay.
MANIPURA | SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA
Tigers Eye :: Truth
• Historically Tiger Eye has been used in protective medicine. Roman soldiers would wear engraved stones during battle, it is especially helpful against dark magic. A good luck stone, it is also used for discerning the truth in any situation, it can help with understanding of any cycle through which one is living. Tiger's Eye forms when Quartz forms over existing bluish-gray Crocidolite, and eventually entirely replaces it. Mined & found only in South Africa.
ANAHATA | HEART CHAKRA
Turquoise :: Communication
• Encourages conviction and personal power. Strengthens communication with self and others. Once used as a currency in Asia. Called "sky stone" or "stone of heaven" by some Native Americans, the vibrations of turquoise can build a spiritual bridge between worlds and give strong psychic powers to the bearer. Turquoise is considered to be a symbol of generosity, sincerity, and affection. It preserves friendships and can make friends out of enemies in time. Mined in Arizona & Tibet.
Chrysoprase :: Clarity
• Symbolizes clarity of thought. It soothes the central nervous system and creates calm. Helps to bring subconscious thoughts to present mind. Many people who are drawn to this stone have all the courage they need, but often time have difficulty recognizing it. Chrysoprase allows one to tap into their inner strength and courage and then to use it wisely. It is a cryptocrystalline, which means that it is composed of crystals so fine that they can not be seen as distinct particles under normal magnification. An old Rumanian legend speaks of the owner of such a stone to have the ability to understand the language of lizards. Mined in Australia.
Malachite :: Fresh
• Freshens the outlook and allows us to touch our core self without the fear that generally holds us back. Soothing to the soul, and releases stress to help create new beginnings. Malachite has a long history with the Egyptian cultures going as far back as 4000 B.C. In the Egyptian Book of the Dead it is said that the goddess of the sky "drops stars on the earth in the shape of green stones." Due to the high copper content of the stone it has a very steady pulsing electromagnetic energy field. Mined in Brazil.
emerald :: clairvoyance
• Emerald, being a stone of love and romance, will bring joy, enhance emotions, memory, faith and clairvoyance. It is said to benefit one’s intuition, promoting communication though truthfulness. Sacred stone to the goddess Venus and associated with the Heart Chakra, it is told to preserve love, as well as a symbol of hope. Considered by many to be a great stone of prophecy, bringing wisdom and reason to the wearer. For many, Emerald acts like a tranquilizer for one’s trouble mind. In many cultures the Emerald is a symbol of love and romance. Mined in Brazil.
flourite :: cleansing
• Helps to ground excessive energy, particularly mental, emotional and nervous energy. It is a powerful healer, it affects all the chakras as well as mental attitudes. It is excellent for use in cleansing the aura…it is known to ride the aura of cording (unwanted attached energy lines from other people). Fluorite aids in channeling as well, excellent for connecting with the Akashic records for answer to your past lives. It is particularly helpful in aiding inter-dimensional communications, particularly with Nature spirits. Mined in India.
VISHUDDHA | THROAT CHAKRA
LARIMAR :: REASSURANCE
• Uplifts the heart and soothes stress. Eases difficulty surrounding changes associated with love. As a gentle, soft, sky blue Caribbean healer, it brings the tranquility of the sea and air to heart and mind. Larimar is said to cool and draw out inflammation from the body, to reduce fevers and the heat of a sunburn. Mined & found only in Dominican Republic.
CHRYSOCOLLA :: INTIMACY
• Reduces self-damaging behavior and is the stone of self-respect, confidence, grace, self-assuredness. In ancient Egypt, it was called the 'wise stone' as those who wore it generally came up with clever comprises. It is told to be quite useful to one for expressing those emotions which are fire based, such as anger, fear, passion or excitement. Chrysocolla is best known among Native Indian cultures for its capability of strengthening the body's resistance and bringing about calm feeling where there has been upset and turmoil. Mined in Peru.
AZURITE :: TRANSFORMATION
• Known as "The Stone of Heaven", it promotes the pursuit of the Spirit. Azurite is a BEACON. Addresses problems related to any type of dysfunctional throat and neck issue, such as sore throat, neck ache, thyroid problems, hearing problems and asthma. It can also assist the body in utilizing oxygen which in turn helps strengthen the blood. An absorbing stone - used to clear toxins from the body. This may be environmental toxins as well as toxins from any prescription drugs. Mined in Morocco.
AQUAMARINE :: ILLUMINATION
• The stone of serenity, it calms and soothes with its lovely blue/green color and evokes the calm of the water with its given name, which is interpreted at ‘water of the sea’ derived from Latin. A stone that celebrates the sea goddess of ancient times, it was carried by those who traveled on sea voyages to return safe and prosperous. A truly fascinating stone, it opens your intuition and awareness to the inner ocean of wisdom and creativity. Mined in Brazil.
AJNA | THIRD EYE CHAKRA
LABRADORITE :: INTUITION
• Encourages intuitive wisdom, helps one to regain energy and is associated with enhancing psychic abilities. Eskimo legend is that in a fit of passion over lost love a great warrior threw his sword into a stone wall which casued the stone to shatter. This released the Northern Lights and the stone turned into Labradorite. Mined in Canada.
KYANITE :: ATTUNEMENT
• Kyanite is a gemstone that does not accumulate negative energies or vibrations (one of the few), and it therefore never requires cleansed or to be cleared. As the energy of Kyanite is said to be all but unlimited, it is told to be one of the best gemstones for use as an attunement stone. Kyanite is known to induce tranquility and calm within one, as well as enhancing communication and psychic awareness. As well, it eases, enhances, and supports mediation efforts easily and quickly.
Amethyst :: spirituality
• Calms emotions and reduces stress. Increases psychic awareness while aiding in meditation. The Chaldean Magi believed this stone protected against evil sorcery and brought success and good luck. Amethyst was also said to grant an understanding of hidden knowledge. Because the stone has transmutational energies, it helps to open gateways into intense and transforming spiritual experiences, and can protect the wearer from black magic. It also breaks up old emotional thought processes and assists psychic opening in a grounding manner. Mined in Brazil.
OPAL :: INSPIRATION
• Helps one to release inhibitions as well as enhancing one’s memory. Said to be a very spiritual stone, as well as magically allowing one to appear ‘invisible‘ in situations where one does not wish to be noticed/seen. Opal is associated with water and is a silicate containing water, correlating with one’s emotions. Thus this stone will amplify and mirror deep emotions, feelings, and desires that one may have forgotten even existed. With this amplification, one becomes more spontaneous, uninhibited, and benefit from a clearer imagination, freer visualization, and more vivid dreams. Mined in Australia.
LAPIS LAZULI :: DIVINE
• Powerful stone for spiritual development. Allowing one to tap into inner power while purifying the soul. Lapis Lazuli is ruled by Jupiter and aids in balancing and cleansing all the chakras.It helps balance the function of the thyroid gland while strengthening the neck and vocal cords. Physicians for ancient Egypt, Sumer and Babylon used lapis for many medicinal purposes, including curing eye cataracts. The connection with the eye may have come from the use of lapis to fashion carvings of a stylized, which was called the Eye of Isis or the All-Seeing Eye of the Goddess Maat. Since Isis was said to watch over the dead on their final journey, the lapis eye was placed in the sarcophagus with the mummy. The chief justice of Egypt wore the Eye of Maat when he rendered judgments. Mined in Afghanistan.
SAHASRARA CROWN CHAKRA
CLEAR QUARTZ :: UNIVERSAL LOVE
• Has the ability to dissolve karmic seeds, holding a quartz crystal in your hand, actual doubles your biomagnetic field. It generates electro magnetism and dispels static electricity. It is a master healer and can be used for any and all conditions. It's stimulates the immune system and brings the body into balance. It takes the energy to the most perfect state that is possible; going back to before the dis-ease set in. Mined world wide.
MOONSTONE :: CLEANSING
• Vibrating with the feminine wisdom and Goddess energy of the waxing and full Moon, moonstone has a reflective, calming energy. By unblocking the lymphatic system, it can heal and balance the stomach, pancreas, and pituitary gland. Helps all be more comfortable with our gentler feminine/yin receiving side. Powerful for water signs. Reminds one be more conscious of the fact that life is a cycle of constant change. Mined in India.
SUGILITE :: CONNETION
• Assists in connecting the physical to the spiritual, it aids in understanding the spiritual reasons for the lessons we encounter, as well as bringing loving comfort from the Universe to accept the lessons for what they truly are. This gemstone will help us to follow our dreams and to become our higher selves. It enhances belief in ourselves, and negates feelings of lack, anger, pain, and other unwanted energies. Mined in South Africa.
RUBY ZOISITE :: INDIVIDUALI
• Maintains connectedness to one's character, to work out and accept flaws. It also enhances the body's contact with etheric elements, which are beneficial in stimulating spirituality. In linking these two altered states of consciousness, it allows one to discover and utilize one abilities and talents. Mined & found only in Tanzania.
Hippocrates, the "father of medicine", wrote that silver had beneficial healing and anti-disease properties, and the Phoenicians stored water, wine, and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling. It is used to conjure patience and perseverance to the wearer, and it is used extensively with gemstones due to the fact that the metal attracts and retains the qualities emitted by the stones. Throughout the world it is identified with the lunar manifestations of the Great Mother, the eternal goddess. The metal is reflective, as the moon reflects the light of the sun, so does silver reflect negativity from the wearer.
Our jewels are crafted using 22kt gold vermiel. Meaning gold plated over sterling silver. Jewels made with this material need to be taken care of and the gold will fade over time as that is the inherentnature of this metal combo.
The earliest records of the use of gold for medicinal and healing purposes come from Alexandria, Egypt. Over 5,000 years ago, the Egyptians ingested gold for mental, bodily and spiritual purification. The ancients believed that gold in the body worked by stimulating the life force and raising the level of vibration on all levels. The body's temperature stabilizing mechanism is restored to balance with gold, particularly in cases of chills, hot flashes, and night sweats. In the world of spiritual healing, Gold has the emotional power to ease tension, feelings of inferiority, an anger as well as encouraging the realization of one’s potential and bringing comfort. Gold is ruled by the Sun, a masculine planet, and therefore imparts a more assertive energy to crystals & minerals that are mounted in it.
History, Legend and Lore of Copper use by humans is a long and varied, dating back nearly 10,000 years with multiple applications. Copper is, in fact, humanity’s first metal and shows up in Sumerian and Egyptian metallurgy circa 3900 BC. Our body needs copper to balance other elements present in the body. It maintains the elasticity of our blood vessels & plays a prominent role in bone formation, healing, skin cell formation and repair. Copper can stimulate the flow of energy and move psychic energies resulting in a more vitalized person. However it can leave a green mark on your skin but this is the telltale sign the vital nutrients are entering your body. When the metal dulls, just mix a pinch of salt with a few drops of lemon juice to clean.
In spiritual and metaphysical traditions Brass is the metal that brings out natural good and inner truth. Even the phrase 'getting down to brass tacks' tells of clearing away the old debris and getting down to the pure and natural truth. Composed of Copper and Zinc, Brass has metaphysical healing properties to boost the immune system and to give courage. Repeated wearing of Brass jewelry pieces will cause them to take on your own body chemistry revealing your personal energy signature.